Welcome to Chalmers Private Wealth
Our principal financial planners – Michael Chalmers (CFP®), and Oliver Ladd (ADFS FP) both share a desire to work in partnership with you in planning, implementing and protecting your lifestyle and financial goals. These are the key drivers to our passion and commitment in the field of financial planning.
Chalmers Private Wealth is proud to be an FPA Professional Practice, which highlights our commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards through upholding the Financial Planning Associations Code of Professional Practice.
We are also proud to be part of the CBUS & FPA Member Referral Program.
About the Financial Planning Association of Australia
The Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) is the peak professional body for financial planning in Australia. FPA practitioner members manage the financial affairs of more than 5 million Australians whose investments are valued at $630 billion. The FPA's professional framework holds the highest standards for financial planning regulations around the world. Click here to visit the FPA website for more information.
News & Updates - 2017 Federal Budget
Last night the Australian Government handed down its Federal Budget for 2017.
It’s important to understand what the Budget proposals may mean for you and your family.
Some of the highlights included:
- Additional non-concessional cap for retiree downsizers
- Super savings scheme for first home buyers
- A 0.5% Medicare Levy increase from 2019
- Extension of deductible threshold for small businesses
- New levy for major banks
- Restrictions on deductions for residential property investments
- New thresholds for HELP Debt repayments (university costs)
- Reinstatement of Pensioner Concession Card entitlements
For more details on some of the changes, and how you may be impacted, please ready the link below.